Sunday, 4 March 2012

Problemo Deux- Marni for H&M

My language skills are shocking. Apologies.

So someone asked me what one should wear for the Marni for H&M launch. Sounds like some lucky buggar managed to get tickets. Now H&M has had many collaborations over the years- from King Karl himself to Madonna.

I am super-excited for this collaboration. The shapes of the collection are simple but explode with pattern and colour. It's going to be the perfect summer wardrobe for many this year. Block coloured dresses, printed leggings, collars, leather flats. It's everything a girl could need. And the men's collection is just as fantastic.


Comfort is vital. If you're travelling to get there make sure you are comfortable in what you wear. Plus, you're going to London. It's my personal fashion capital of the world. Just makes me so happy. So do it justice. Don't just wear jeans and jumper. Go a little crazy...

If you want to emulate the collection in honour of the opening go for a patterned silk dress with block coloured knee highs. Many of the dresses resemble the silk scarf dress, which I'm sure you all tried out in front of the mirror when you were thirteen. If you have fantastic shoulders, get them out.

If you are wanting to get photographed make sure you look fabulous, but stylish. Anna Piaggi can get away with outfits no-one else can, but maybe that wouldn't be an appropriate icon for a collection that is decidedly classic in shape with just a bit of madness when the prints are introduced. I'm currently loving printed pencil-skirts with short shirts or jumpers. Maybe this with a pair of knee highs, or coloured tights with comfortable heels... Maybe.

Printed leggings with printed hotpants and a printed silk shirt looks lie a standard combination for the collaboration. Make sure the palate is in keeping. You don't want a crazy flouro of the wrong hue with a bizarre shade of yellow. Instead think white as a base with dark blues, purples, greens and browns.

Here are some potential ideas...
 Not as crazy, but I just love this look. And a pattern pencil skirt is always fun.

 This is more following in the Marni theme. Prints, colour and sport-luxe. If I had the legs I'd rock this look.
Print-tastic? I think so...I love the little collar as well. And sleeves rolled up past the elbows. I like to think it just adds a nice little touch.


I hope that helps!

And keep sending the questions in, they are kinda fun.

Hope you all had/ are having a grand weekend!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x