Monday, 26 March 2012

Sam Jones

So I've been appallingly awful at posting over the last few weeks. But I'm home for two weeks so hopefully I'll be able to get at least a few sketches done to stock up. I have a few portraits to complete in that time and I'm going to the local art fair, so it's going to be an arty holiday. Woop woop.

Today's post is on the one and only Ms Samantha Jones from Sex and the City. She is generally fabulous and comes out with some of the best one liners I've ever heard. Her attitude towards life is always amazing and her sense of style takes the 80s Power Woman look to an entirely new extreme.  A glamazon to the max, the costume designer Patricia Field did a fantastic job in creating a wardrobe which so perfectly suited the character.

Here are just a few doodles on her awesomeness...

 These are both from the Sex and the City movies. Can't remember which is this one though... I just love the combination of the voluminous top combined with the white pencil skirt and white shoes. If I had her shoulders, (and lack of chesticles) I would constantly wear off-the-shoulder tops. The female shoulder is so beautiful and those who are lucky enough to have beautiful shoulders never show them off nearly enough.
I LOVE this dress. So much. I think this one is from the second movie, and, as with all of Sam Jones' wardrobe, her feminist attitudes come across. The least neurotic of the group, the spiked shoulders reflect her strong and confident personality. And red is just her colour. It's a colour few can pull off, representing danger, strength and sex. Anyone watched Kinky Boots? The colour red is discussed in this little clip-

That's all folks. When I finally get round to sorting out my life I shall actually post something worthwhile. YAY!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x