Sunday, 29 April 2012

LANDAN

So I was in London a few weeks back with my sister. I love London, despite the fact that I'm a hardcore country bumpkin and the three streets of St Andrews seem like a metropolis. I went to London to see the Freud exhibition, but sadly we couldn't get tickets so instead went shopping. We hit Camden and Oxford Street and spent far too much money on things we didn't really need but our wardrobes were clearly lacking... At least that's what I tell myself.

Anyway so I did a few doodles on the train home...


I forgot to colour them in but there are a few notes. Anyway, the one on the left  was a girl wearing black pumps, black tights, and a black hat. What I loved about her outfit was that she had a black and white houndstooth skirt with a purple and black houndstooth coat on top. It had this gorgeous funnel-neck to it as well. I just love the use of print in this outfit. The pattern was the same size, but the use of different hues just made it quirky. Plus the flashes of white and purple broke up the black perfectly.
The outfit to the right is my sister Dorothy's for the day. She wore a Paul & Joe dress The Mother gave me for Christmas a few years back, but sadly my breasts are just a little too big... It has the most adorable retro-style cat print on it. The jacket is denim with a sheepskin collar which I think was also a Christmas present from The Mother. It's pretty standard for us to get some awesome charity shopped number from her which she purchased for absolute pittance. The rest of the outfit consisted of Chelsea boots and a Bally bag Dorothy found in a charity shop.

This sketch is of one of two boys we saw on the Tube. They must have been about four and six and were both wearing red trousers, blue and white tank-tops (knitted vests) over a blue striped shirt together with red bow-tie and hipster glasses. What was strangest was that the parents were just wearing jeans and jumpers. Very strange, but man did those boys have style.

I also got photographed for a style-blog. If it goes up I'll link and tell then... Woop woop...

Right I'm back to work now, so will see y'all later...

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x