Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Backlog

So I was hunting round the cupboard that holds my art stuff along with a duck load of spiders and leaking wellies and found some old sketched I did a few years back. Thing is I can't remember when or why I doodled these up, but I thought I'd share a few. Minimal writing today, was walking round the local town for five hours desperately handing out CVs, such is the life of a student.

 This actually looks similar to something I bought last week. Bizarre... Also guessing from the similar styles of these, I'm going to say I was going through a designing phase.
 Ah a cape. I love capes. The only one I actually own is my mother's stagecoach cape. Apparently it was actually worn on a stagecoach in the 18th century. Well I never. I think the other just demonstrates my unending love for floaty evening gowns. I have several balls when I get back, may attempt to knock one up this summer...

There's another floaty one, with what looks like a playsuit underneath. Interesting. The second is most definitely a sketch of my Laura Ashley floral jumpsuit. I'd recognise those pockets anywhere!

So yeah, there you go. The crop of this bunch. I'm trying to get some paintings done so I can actually make some money this summer. As most of my work seems to end up as looking rather dark and violent I can't see there will be much of a market for it haha.

Here's a few examples...
This is an AS Level piece on Domestic Violence. It was in the Saatchi for a month a few years back. It was so amazing!
 Here is a portrait I did of a friend a few months back. It's not my usual style, other than the over zealous use of blue. I love drawing/painting people, but backgrounds and landscapes  bore my gnat-like attention span...


Hope you're having a fabulous week, I'm off to see Razorlight with my sister tomorrow! I am disturbingly excited, they are just fantastic.

MMM
x

10 comments:

  1. These are so good millie! Love them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love your blog too, you have such good music taste! x

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful drawings, you're so talented.

    Following :)

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'm following right back:) x

      Delete
  3. I love the colours used in the last drawing and the background! It makes them even more interesting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! You're so talented!!
    Following you now :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absoluetly amazing! your very talented.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x