Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Getting personal

I'm out the next few days and have been busy getting some proper paintings done so figured I'd post a few personal style drawings I've done recently and a few Jubilee nuggets I found lying around. I'm not the most organised of people so I constantly seem to be rediscovering drawings from months back!

 Here's me with my black skinnies, tweed jacket and checked shirt with a Kipling backpack I found in my house. I now wear it everywhere. I used to HATE rucksacks, but recently falling in love. On the hunt for a Peter Pilotto Kipling or a brown leather one. The tweed's just my go-to at the moment. I may have mentioned it before, this one is an old hacking jacket that skims my backside and just fits so perfectly. Teamed with artfully dishevelled hair. Obviously.
 Here is what I wore to the Masquerade Ball a few months back. I drew it at the time, but just forgot to post it.Oops. The dress was from Dorothy Perkins in the sale, layered and white I felt a little like I was in a Florence and the Machine video. I also wore my Topshop ankle boots that I've had for yonks, and a piece of sheer black fabric as a mask a la Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antionette. My hair was in an uber-messy French plait. It was a great night. Mostly because we got free popcorn.
 These were my favourite male and female outfits of the Jubilee. The female dress was skin tight with a low v-neck back and 3/4 length sleeves. The print was made of the classic faded Union Jack print, but was slightly abstracted which would have made it subtle enough to wear on a different occasion.
Surprise, surprise this gentleman had rolled up trousers and deck-shoes. What can I say, I just LOVE this look so much! He had a faded Union Jack silk scarf draped around his neck with a tweed jacket and a pale blue shirt. Atop his beautiful head was a tweed flat cap. Now I love me a good flat cap, I have several tweed varieties myself. I appreciated this look.


So yeah, that's it for now. What do you guys think of the new colour scheme? Also, was thinking of doing some more problem pages at some point. Thinking- How do you dress athletic shoulders?
My sister's returning from uni on the weekend and we're having a massive brainstorming session for a really exciting project I'm working on!

MMM
x

3 comments:

  1. Well hello there Miss M.M!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog because now I've found you and I'm overjoyed!! I love how you draw your outfits and inspirations ... wow, you are amazing and so incredibly talented. I feel like slipping into the white lace frock straight away :)). So happy to be your latest follower. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog, your work is lovely x

    Kirsty - www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh these drawings are incredible - you have such a talent! I really love your sketching style and the use of colour :)
    Love Holz oxo
    http://beautifulsimplicity-holziepink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x