Monday, 22 October 2012

Paintings Mark Two

Once again I've got behind on my posting. I have so many ideas buzzing round my head that I'm finding it so frustrating that I can't find the time to draw them to any decent standard. So I'm going to post some more paintings I did last week after completing my essay.

 This is my copy of Flaming June by Sir Frederick Leighton. I was given a card by my grandmother when I was about eight and since then It has been my favourite artwork. I was lucky enough to see it in the Tate a few years back as it usually resides in Puerto Rico. If you ever get the chance to see Leighton House in London do. It is utterly beautiful. In fact anything by Leighton is beautiful.

This was meant to be Penelope Cruz. But it ended up not looking like her so I just gave her big hair and dealt with it. I decided to draw her because I rewatched Vicky Cristina Barcelona. 
I have now decided I need to go to Barcelona and booked my flights this afternoon for January. Actually can't wait!

I'll get sartorially orientated again at some point...

MMM
x

2 comments:

  1. I love these paintings, they're gorgeous! And I think the second one does look like Penelope Cruz, around the eyes and eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much as always Willow! I really appreciate your comments:) x

      Delete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x