Friday, 30 November 2012

Back.

Once again my blogging has slipped. And once again I'm blaming uni work and the korf. Yesterday was my first lie-in in about two months. Best.Feeling.Ever.

For the first time in a month I'm actually taking some care in my appearance and not just wearing the first thing I find when I roll out of bed. 

 T'other night I went to an art show (how sophisticated am I...) which my friend had helped set up. This is one of the hosts. He was wearing a really simple grey suit with white tennis shoes and a pale cream shirt buttoned to the top. It was the tennis shoes that did it. Makes such a change from the deck shoes usually seen strutting round the St Andrews streets.

 I wore this. For unknown reasons whenever I lack self-esteem this is the dress that always helps me out. It's a navy full length jumper dress and is skin tight. The reason I love it is that it just clings to all the right places and I love the neckline. Plus even if you don't feel particularly confident you have to act it when wearing it. I wore it with big hair and patent brogues.
 This t-shirt was stolen from my younger sister. It's a silk crop-top from ASOS and says Old is the New New. It's a ridiculous slogan, but it fits well and keeps me warm. The skirt is a thick jersey from Peacocks. It's burnt orange and due to the heavy jersey is drapes beautifully.

For the record I was wearing shorts under this. Following returning to sports this semester I actually have muscle on my legs. It doesn't seem like a big deal to everyone else in the club, but it means the world to me. Because of that all I want to wear is hot pants and mini skirts. Et voila, hot pants hidden by a giant shirt with shoe boots. Yay for body confidence!



Also I never talk about make-up as it kinda bores me. I also only wear it because when I feel like drawing on my face. Recently I bought the Collection 2000 Gel Liner in Black. It's a little pot and paintbrush which somehow makes it so much easier to put on. So yeah... I'm a little in love...

I hope you're having a great week!

MMM
x

4 comments:

  1. As usual, gorgeous drawings and use of colour! I love what you wore to the art gallery x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a great night!x

      Delete
  2. Oh yes tennis shoes always look fabulous with a suit don't they? I love the drawing of your beautiful blue number that you wore to the show - it's wonderful that you have an 'old trusty' you can rely on to perk you up:)) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's such a great dress :)x

      Delete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x