Monday, 28 January 2013

HAUL.

I went shopping the other day in Dundee. It has a surprisingly good range of shops, though sadly without a TKMaxx.
As it was the first time I have properly been shopping in a very very long time I may have gone overboard. So here are my buys and how I will hopefully wear them...
First up is a pair of Mango trousers I actually got on Ebay. They are high-waisted flares in a beautifully grey tweed. They are mostly wool and are super-long, even on me, So I am a little bit in love. Paired with a white linen t-shirt I picked up from Zara. It's such a good fit. I styled these two together because I loved the drama of the trousers with the simple t-shirt. I don't really like wearing skirts for smart occasions so I am going to keep them for interviews. If I actually get any...

 Over the summer I bought these DAKS camel trousers. I think I mentioned them... I can finally properly fit into them which I feel is always an achievement. I decided to style them with a top I picked up from Topshop. I was going to get it in Barcelona, but it was 30 euros, so when I saw it for £10 I wasn't going to pass it up. It has a short back, but a long front. What's wrong with a little bare flesh?
I wore it to a ceilidh the other day. Perhaps not the best choice as it is quite flimsy. I wore it with high-waisted hot pants I bought on Ebay a few months back.


This is a Topshop peplum pencil skirt made of a Lycra material. I've never worn a peplum skirt before, but I need something smart for interviews so I figured I'd give it a go. I teamed it with a white linen vest top again from Zara. I keep reading that peplums are really flattering, however I am not entirely convinced. Oh well, I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

I have a lot of parties and balls coming up this semester so I was on the look out for a smart dress. Sadly this is not it, but I just loved the strong camel, white and black strips. It was a 1950s style shape and is made of cotton. I just loved the print (and the price...)

So there is my haul.

On a non-sartorial note, has anyone seen Les Mis? I had to watch it twice as I was so emotionally drained after and I wanted my friends to go through the same experience... My friend hates musicals and so refused, but she was weeping when she came out. Plus, Eddie Redmayne! Who knew the boy could sing.

I hope you all had a good week. I had a tournament, and once again there were people without proper sportsbras. HOW?!

MMM
x

PS I'm now on Bloglovin'.

5 comments:

  1. Dundee has a TKMaxx, it's not in the centre though. About 5 minutes walk from the bus station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Your designs and drawings are very 'designer-ish' haha, like proper sketches ;) Keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your style of drawing ad the shape and line of the clothes!
    thecoolcustomer.wordpress.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x