Monday, 21 January 2013

QUICKIE. (and Minor Rant)

I am horribly busy at the moment with applying for internships and trying not to get frostbite so this is just a short post as I am yet to locate my hot water bottle...

I went to Barcelona a few weeks back. It was 19 degrees and beautiful. As an art history student I was overwhelmed by the architecture and beauty of the city.

This is pretty much what me and my sister wore. As she said it was a stylish city, but stylistically very uninspiring. I guess for them it was still technically winter, so everyone wore black. My metallic blue top and red sunglasses and Do's red trousers certainly drew a few looks.

This man was with his stylish girlfriend in a tapas restaurant.  Now we know how much I love my tartan trousers so I just had to approve, but teamed with a white fisherman's jumper and velvet loafers. Well, he looked like he had stepped straight off the runway. Such a perfect look.

I have a lot of photographs from the trip, but I want to keep this blog photograph free. Mostly because I am an AWFUL photographer.

Annoyingly one thing really stuck out for me when I was out there. The last day it was meant to be the hottest day and we had a long walk. So I thought 'Hey, let's get the hot pants out!' With tights of course. Thing is, in that half hour walk to our destination, my sister and I got so many strange looks, a few guys murmuring at us and just out and out unwanted comments. The worst being 'Hey there Big Girl!'
Would love to know when that became acceptable.
I wasn't going to mention it, but then I read this article. I follow Georgina Horne on Facebook and often read her blog. She's beautiful and is great spokeswoman for plus-size girls. However, standard Daily Mail, if you look at the comments the people are being just plain nasty.

One of the girls states that she exercises six times a week and is a UK size 18. Everyone states how this is physically impossible and her health is at serious risk. Personally as a UK16 these people would probably say I was at an extreme health risk, despite the fact that I train four times a week and am physically fitter than many of my slimmer friends. Words cannot describe the rage I was feeling when I read the comments.

So here's a drawing of me in my underwear. Yay!

Rant over.

So yeah, posting will be back to normal soon when I can physically hold a paintbrush for more than three minutes.

Hope you are all keeping warm!

MMM
x

3 comments:

  1. love your pics! you're so talented!!! :)
    what about following each other?
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ,great Work!
    follow new ,mind follow back? :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dear,
    follow you back! ;)
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x