Wednesday, 13 February 2013

BAFTAS.

I have a confession. I didn't watch the Baftas. I was instead trying to convince my friends that Muriel's Wedding is indeed an amazing film. If only for the South African swimmer in his speedos... But my sister was giving me a running update. Mostly on the men. I was flicking through the photos of the runway today, and, to be honest, I was slightly unimpressed. 
But I found a few gems to sketch...

 Naturally there were a lot of beautiful men to choose from (Eddie Redmayne and Henry Cavill for starters.) But occasionally I get a little bored of just black and white. I loved Luke Evans' twist on the theme with the maroon jacket. It was classic, yet gave a modern edge to the ensemble. It does of course help if you look like Luke Evans. I feel it is an advantage.

 Gemma Arterton is one of those actresses that I have been following for years. As a family we watch a lot of films so it becomes routine to pinpoint which ones will make it. Mr Redmayne was one, and so was Miss Arterton. I love this dress! It was actually more flesh-coloured which made it a bit more risque. She has an amazing figure and looked absolutely stunning in this stripey number.

 I love Juno Temple. Just putting that out there. She is looking amazing at the moment and I love the iridescent look of her hair. I did a really simple sketch to reflect the simplicity of the dress.

Her hair naturally is pretty fabulous in general. Slight girl-crush going on...

 Paloma Faith is also wonderful. She has the most amazing figure and the best personality. Check her out on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I want her mind. Despite the fact that she is really small she shows that you can wear maxi dresses regardless of your height. She also embraces her strong brows and we all know how much I love eyebrows.

This isn't the Baftas but Rihanna looked beyond sexy at the Grammys. I am a little obsessed with 'Stay' at the moment. It shows that she is not just a pretty face. I love this look because she has minimal accessories and just lets the extreme simplicity of the dress do the talking. She is also rocking some serious hair inspiration.

It's mid-week. I'm counting it as the weekend.

MMM
x

4 comments:

  1. Paloma,Juno and Gemma looked amazing! Great paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!
    Would you like to follow each other?!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/
    http://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very amazing blog, dear! Love it! :)
    I hope you wanna follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin. Pls let me know? ;)

    Join my GIVEAWAY for winning $30 Chicnova voucher!
    HERE : sausanhanifah.blogspot.com/search/label/Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x