Tuesday, 12 February 2013

HELP.

So I have a few dilemmas.
1) I have an interview soon. What should one wear for an interview? I can't afford to buy a smart skirt suit, because I would have to get it tailored. Plus I would feel old. And I swear I am currently having a quarter life crisis. I honestly have no clue what to wear. Do I go for trousers and a shirt, or a skirt or a dress or... So yes, if you have any ideas PLEASE lob them this way.

2) I am going to FS this weekend. It is the largest student run fashion show in the UK and is held here in St Andrews. One of my very good friends has been working his backside off trying to get everything ready and so I hope the extortionate price tag is worth it... I bought a dress from ebay which I love love love! It is 1980s black cotton velvet. But is VERY 80s. Not quite sure how to style it. Which is where you guys can help me out. Here is said dress.

 The options are:

  1. Scraped-back hair, red lips, gold accessories and killer heels.
  2. Massive hair, a smokey eye, minimal accessories and the ubiquitous killer heels.
Any thoughts?


I had a 21st the other day. I had been at Murrayfield all day watching the rugby and really didn't fancy donning a smart dress. So I went for my new Mango trousers and a slouchy jumper. It had mixed reactions. The guys thought it was wonderful that I was bringing the 1970s back whereas the girls were loving the 1930s references. I was comfortable and the teams I wanted to win won. So life was good.

 We had a mystery social the other day for the korfball club and I wore this. I get so warm when dancing/drinking so I always wear vest tops. I also fancied the hot pants, because who doesn't love hot pants? My friends said I looked like a sexy sailor robber. Which is basically a pirate. I shall take that as a compliment.
 And here is a sketch of Dior on the runway from last month's Vogue supplement. I love the shapes and the floral skirt. 

So if you have any thoughts on either of my dilemmas I would love to hear from you!

Also a massive thanks to all those lovely people who come up to me saying they read the blog. It means a lot to me that you take the time out to have a flick through!

I hope you are having a good week!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x