Sunday, 23 June 2013

WANT.

I've been stuck inside the last two days. It seems to be constantly raining and so I have been catching up with my reading. 'The Art of Fielding' by Chad Harbach is one of the best books I've read in a while. It's about college baseball, but is written in such a way that my complete lack of knowledge in the area does not hinder me. It provides the intricacies of a team sport as well as how individuals deal with pressure and expectation. It's seriously made me want to up my dedication to my own university sport, korfball. Read it. It's incredible, and really easy to get through.

I love raving about books when I really enjoy them, but back to my usual topic... Because there is literally nothing to do up here, I have been watching musicals (Evita at the moment, Les Mis yesterday) and doing a lot of drawing...

At work I'm surrounded by luxury clothing, most of which I am lusting after. It has made me think that £200 is perfectly fine for a jacket... However I am determined to save up for something at the end of my stint up here. And I feel it has to be something unique. So here are my favourites.
This is the Barbour by Temperley poncho. I can't find the exact name for it, but it is essentially a waxed jacket in poncho form, with a massive hood and camouflage lining. It's also about £400. But fabulous in that hideous way... Once I work out where I can purchase waxed cotton I am planning on making one of these for myself.
I really don't approve of new fur as I feel it just fuels production. So I would never actually buy this. It's a sheepskin duffle coat with a raccoon-fur collar. For the collar alone it is beautiful and so so soft. Once again it's over a month's pay. So is definitely not feasible.

This, however, sums up my feelings towards it.


 This outfit consists of the House of Bruar boots which are a dupe of the Dubarry boots. They have lacings up the side and a clasp at the top so would get my calves in, which is often a problem for me. The top is a cashmere vest top that I have my eye on, which sadly costs more than the boots. But it's wonderfully soft, and the perfect slouchy shape and iron-grey colour that you could throw over anything.

 My colleagues really do not understand my absolute love of shooting breeks. The fact that they are high-waisted, a little ridiculous and available in red plaid should be enough of a reason I feel. I feel that I would wear them to death if I bought them... The jumper is a Johnstons of Elgin cashmere and silk sweater. Does it get more luxurious?

I'm meant to be saving for a laptop and new Docs, but I feel that I should have something else to set my sights on. That said I resent having to pay over a tenner for anything...


In other news GFC is ending soon, so if you fancy following me on bloglovin' that would be greatly appreciated! I'll follow you all back.  (http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4685967/miss-millie-mae)

I've also just started another blog with my sister called The Illustrated Eye Candy. It's basically an excuse for us to enthuse about male actors and to competitively draw them...

I hope you've had a wonderful week!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x