Sunday, 15 September 2013

TRAVELS.

Because I live eight hours from home whenever I travel home I have horrifically long train rides that make for the best people-watching. Passing through Edinburgh Waverley on my way home a few weeks back I saw these two girls chatting in a cafe. They were obviously great friends but their styles were so very different.

 I've always wished that I could be one of those people who wore all black, it's just so chic. She wore a black roll neck mini dress, a black belted leather jacket, black Jeffery Campbells and sleek black hair with a blunt fringe.
 In stark contrast her friend was wearing this ensemble. Extravagant gold jewellery, a leopard print jacket, Mickey Mouse leggings, red knee-highs and be-ribboned Doc Martens. It was a crazy clash of colours, but somehow it seemed to work.
What I loved most about the pair was that, despite their clearly differing approaches to fashion, their personalities just clicked. They were two extremes. It was perfect.

When I was home I went out in London with The Sisters. A girly night out at a cocktail bar was a great break from working in the Highlands all summer. I wore a pale yellow Topshop dress I picked up in the sale with a patented Aquamarine belt with gold studs and my new fringed boots from River Island. Other than my Aquascutum tweed jacket the whole outfit was bought first hand which is very strange for me. 
 I wore this outfit back in Scotland when I went on a 'sexy date' with my friend Sarah ti celebrate me finishing work. I wore a grey and black checked dress which used to belong to my younger sister, with the same fringed boots as before and my faithful blue Billy Bag. We got chatted up by aging golfers and drank far too many cocktails.

I spending the day in vintage pyjamas, watching Smash and drinking copious amounts of Earl Grey. Lectures kick in tomorrow so I'm making use of my final day of freedom before essays and matches take over my life.

I hope you've all had a good week

MMM
x


Dont't forget to follow me on Twitter: @MmlWilkinson    and on Bloglovin'.  

1 comment:

  1. As always, gorgeous drawings and well-picked subjects. I particularly like the outfit you wore in the last picture.
    Smash, tea and vintage pyjamas? Sounds idyllic. Enjoy it, and good luck with the essays!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x