Monday, 21 October 2013

WHITE.

 I've been wearing a lot of white lately. Despite the fact that it's not meant to be flattering if you're over a certain size, or if you're too pale, or if it's autumn or blah blah blah. I'm not quite sure why it's my current obsession, but it is.

 I wore this today to class. It's a white mullet-hem dress from H&M that I bought in the sale months ago but have never worn. The 'harness' is in fact a ridiculously long glass beaded necklace I bought from Morocco several years back. Because of its size it weighs a ton, but draped like this the weight is bearable. I teamed this with a raw silk 1960s peach coat I bought in first year. I never wore it much till this year, but I've been wearing it near constantly lately. It just makes me feel a little bit special when I throw it on. I threw this on very quickly as I was running late, but I really liked how it turned out.

 I guess this is quite a typical outfit involving white. A crisp white shirt with jeans. I wore mine with rolled up sleeves, a pleated front and high-waisted skinny jeans, teamed with a grey fringed necklace.  Before university I never used to wear jeans, but now I swear by H&M. My main problems with jeans are that they are never long enough in the leg or that they fit my backside, but never my waist. However this pair are perfect and only cost me £10. Regarding the hair, I had this bizarre thought that I wanted to cut it all off. Then I realised that I would be lost without my mane, so now I just wear it bigger than ever.

The final white piece is this massive shirt I bought over the summer. It has definitely featured on here before because it is my go-to whenever I feel like I want to act like an aging artist and just want to swan around town and drink gin. It's huge and therefore ridiculously comfortable. I wore it out for a walk with The Boy the other day with tights and hotpants. It did look like I was just wearing a giant shirt and Docs, but hey, I was comfy.

I hope you're all having a good start to the week. I'm going to knuckle down to work. I'm also starting a really exciting project with FS2014 tomorrow which I cannot wait to share with you!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x