Monday, 18 November 2013

WELLY.

On the weekend I went to the infamous St Andrews Welly Ball. Here at St Andrews we jump at any chance to get our black tie on but, with the Welly Ball, you don't have to ruin your feet in five inch heels. It's always a very good, tweed-fuelled, drunken night.

I wore a candy striped camel dress with kilt socks and my new Docs. I don't own wellies despite being a country-bumpkin. I originally went for a 'retro' look with thick eyeliner, but, with the high-ponytail and tassel earrings, it just went a little ghetto trash.

 This is what The Boy wore. After a particularly vicious rugby game he couldn't wear a collared shirt so we went for a roll neck instead. Considering the amount of compliments it was clearly a good move. 


 I think Emma has featured on here before. She was wearing a gorgeous wine coloured ASOS dress. She just looked awesome. Check out her blog over at Sparkly Giggles.

My school friend who came up for the weekend. I love a good sparkly dress and I loved the combination of the party dress with DuBarry's. It was a great mix.

 My friend Vivek has a new mantra that 'The Scarf Maketh The Man.' He delivered with a gorgeous cashmere scarf and tweed jacket teamed with red trousers. I'm surprised that this is his first appearance- he's an impeccable dresser. 

 This is a cheeky group shot of some of the dresses I saw and remembered throughout the evening. The top left skater dress was ombred sequins with great movement. The middle bottom dress was a sheer baby doll dress with a bodysuit underneath. It was a really cute idea.


I hope you're all having a great start to the week. I'm dissertation writing and researching for interviews.

MMM
x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your illustrations and how you represented everyone's outfits. Your outfit actually looks like it belongs on the runway!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked them. xx

      Delete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x