Sunday, 8 December 2013

ASSESSMENT.

So these past three weeks have been hectic. Two trips down to London for interviews (sadly unsuccessful), a qualifying tournament for the final Nationals tournament of my student life and a draft hand-in of my dissertation on top of everything else. If anyone follows my Twitter you would know that until two days ago I hadn't drawn in nearly a month. So I had to rectify this. 


 For the first round of interviews in London I wore this. Because it was for an advertising agency I decided to go a little Mad Men, why not? I wore a dusky pink wool dress with a high-neck and elbow length sleeves. The Mother picked it up from a charity shop for me and luckily it fits like a glove. The navy cape is The Mother's. I can't remember where she bought it from, but it has a mini capelet that goes over the top. Despite its size, it is a lightweight wool and was wonderfully warm. Several people came up to me on Oxford Street asking where I'd bought it. I'm very tempted to steal it...

 For the second round of interviews I wore this. The dress code was smart casual, possibly my least favourite dress code other than 'Great Gatsby' themed... So I went for a staple outfit for me. My grey and black striped River Island pencil skirt and my H&M navy cropped shirt. 

 These are just two of the guys who were placed in my group. The first wore a dark grey tweed jacket, a grey shirt and purple chinos with boots. 
This guy wore a buttoned up dark green shirt with a blue and orange floral block print with teal chinos. I think the smart casual dress code can more easily be translated to men over women and I just loved how these two used a creative use of colour. 


Entirely unrelated, I wore this on Friday on a Tesco run. I hadn't been outside for a few days due to essay hell so decided to make a bit of an effort, whilst remaining warm in the bitter Scottish weather. I went for my high-waisted jeans with a cropped grey jumper that belonged to The Mother, my kilt socks and my navy Docs. I bought a Johnstons of Elgin tartan dog blanket from House of Bruar a few weeks back which I've been wearing as a scarf. Because I can. I wore it under my trusty sheepskin coat with a dark red lip and my glasses. I got a few compliments so I'm not complaining.


I'll get back posting more regularly as I head home next Saturday and there is literally nothing else to do in Suffolk. I'm excited to be heading back, but I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet...

I hope you have all had a good week!


MMM
x

1 comment:

  1. While I haven't commented in a while, I've been reading all of your wonderful posts and was missing them, but this array of fantastic outfit drawings certainly made up for it! Above all I love your outfit for the first round of interviews, the cape and dress together are absolutely delicious, if my mum lent me that cape, she'd never get it back!

    I'm sorry that the interviews weren't successful, and am hoping that something great comes along.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x