Tuesday, 18 February 2014

CURVES..

So this weekend marked the end of a hectic beginning of term, now it's just deadlines and the odd korfball tournament to look forward to.
The overriding theme of this post is that of curves, purely because I seem to be embracing mine more and more these days.

Over the weekend I went to FS2014- the St Andrews Charity Fashion Show. It's the biggest student run fashion show in the UK and it was fantastic. As mentioned a few months back I was commissioned to paint some pictures to go behind the main bar. If you fancy learning a little more about me I was showcased as a 'Bright Young Thing' of St Andrews... The article is here. I'm picking the pieces up from the Front of House team tomorrow morning so you'll get a full look at everything hopefully in the next week or so...
 
This is what I wore...
 My attempt to conform to the 1920s theme was a vintage stole, a vintage smoking jacket and the tightest possible dress I own. Instead of going for something floaty and traditionally 'plus-size' I decided to do one for the plus-sized girls and showcased the curves. I teamed it with Chinese Laundry animal print wedges, offensively huge earrings and a purple-black pout.

 I wore this to a job interview that I had last week. Despite buying this peplum skirt last year this is its first outing, worn with a buttoned up pleated white shirt and bird medallion necklace. I found these amazing shoes in a charity shop last week- animal print leather loafers for a cool £6 and they fit perfectly. Definitely a new favourite.
Everyone knows it was Valentine's Day on Friday and so I decided to treat myself to some new underwear. bouxavenue.com  had a fantastic sale on matching sets during January where you got free pants with the bra. As a set usually costs £40-60 how could a girl refuse?! I bought this gorgeous cobalt blue set and got it beautifully gift-wrapped for myself. To anyone else out there who finds it impossible to find their size Boux Avenue has a huge range from small backs to large cups and fit true to size.

I hope you are all having a great start to the week. 

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x