Monday, 12 May 2014

100.

This is my 100th post. And last I looked I had had 12121 views. So thank you everyone who has spent the time to visit my little space on the internet. It may not be the biggest or flashiest of blogs, but I'm proud of it and people seem to read it. So thank you.

This week I've been home for the first time in five months; the weather has been erratic, the dogs have been cuddly and the food has been fantastic. I've spent the majority of it attempting to find a job now that graduation is imminent, but also having fun with my acrylics. I posted an early picture on Instagram (@msmilliemae), but I'm always wary of posting 'in development' pictures because I can see the flaws and don't feel ready to show them to everyone else. My large scale paintings act as a little bit of escapism whereas my fashion sketches are an easy way to express visuals in a matter of minutes.

I didn't really fancy compiling my favourite images from my blog in celebration (if you want me to by all means comment below). Instead I was perusing the images from the Met Gala and have compiled a few of my favourites for your own viewing pleasure...


 Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta. This dress with black bodice and full blush pink skirt features a hand-painted and signed panel by the designer.

 Lupita Nyong'o in Prada. An emerald green feather flapper dress with a simple slip; it has a theatricality about it that was perfect for the event.

 I am so in love with Suki Waterhouse's dress. As with several celebrities she chose a pinky nude, but this Burberry number consisted of layers and layers of tulle. It was ethereal and beautiful and I want it just so I can sit and stare at it.

 Victoria Beckham wore Victoria Beckham and accessorised with David Beckham. It was so simple and I envy anyone who can wear all white and not get a stain on it...

 Beyonce in Givenchy was amazing, but at the same time it was very Beyonce. It would have been nice to see something slightly more unexpected.

 Kim Kardashian in Lanvin was better than her custom Givenchy gown from last year. However the material needed for the thigh-split created a voluminous skirt that didn't really flatter her figure.

Anne Hathaway in Calvin Klein. I've never been a big fan of Anne Hathaway and the old rule book says 'No red on the red carpet,' but the slither of flesh caused by the crop top  and the high slit breaks up the block colour to provide a modern twist on a classic silhouette.

 Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera. I like Emmy Rossum and I love antique wallpaper. So I loved this dress.
 Georgia May Jagger in Thierry Mugler. This dress featured yet another thigh split but it was the bodice detail that made it stand out.
 Selena Gomez in Diane Von Furstenberg. It was Selena's first Met Gala and she looked stunning. It was a gorgeous shade of purple and the ruffle round the collar was a really interesting detail.

 Dita Von Teese in Zac Posen. This is one of my favourite sketches that I've done for a while. I loved the blush pink and red tints within the dress and the flouncy mermaid skirt was a perfect finish to the crescendo of curves.

 Chloe Grace Moretz in Chanel Couture. I think someone described this look like a 'high-end Cowgirl.' I love that she looks stylish without looking childish or overtly sexual.

Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere was perhaps one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Of course it helps that she is gorgeous, but the dress itself was perfect for the red carpet- vintage glamour and just the right amount of skin.


I hope your week has got off to a good start and that the weather isn't as miserable as it is in Suffolk.

MMM
x

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post, looking forward to the next 100 posts! Glorious illustrations and gorgeous dresses, I love the first sketch and I too love Emily Rossum's dress for all the same reasons. I think it's also wonderful how you caught the movement of the dress in the last drawing, and how you managed to make Victoria Beckham be very obviously Victoria Beckham with just face shape and eye slits....that's talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x