Sunday, 4 May 2014

DONE.

So on Thursday I handed in my final piece of university work ever. I am completely finished, graduate in under two months and then that's it; four years of university completed and I'll be out in the big wide, terrifying world. At this moment in time I literally have no idea what I want to do. Ideally I'd want to be invited to fabulous parties and then just sit in the corner and draw the glamorous people. But I don't think that is a possibility... 
Anyway, the lack of posts recently has been due to a broken laptop, a wiped hard drive, looming deadlines and the horrible prospect of saying goodbye to all the fantastic people I've met up here in St Andrews.
Due to deadlines I've become a recluse and a) barely got out of pyjamas and b) barely left the house, so there's been very little drawing.


 I picked up these vintage Escada trousers from one of the charity shops for a few pounds. Sadly they are too small for me, but they'll hopefully fit the sister...  They are a gorgeous pale pink wool, high-waisted and tapered to the ankle. It is such a classic style and the perfect spring/summer colour.
 As procrastination I was looking up Coachella fashion after a friend sent me a link. Most photos were celebrities attempting to look 'cool' without the help of a stylist which more often than not resulted in a very expensive car crash of an outfit. That said there were a few decent images out there. These three are a green, floral printed two piece, a striped and chevron outfit and a pair of minute shorts with a massive floppy hat. I loved the stripes and chevron look because it was simple and classic; it would have been as effective on the street as it was at the festival.
This is Vanessa Hudgens. I loved this outfit for the combination of the loose flowing layers, the flashes of leg and the contrast between the black accessories and the rich fuchsia. 
I decided to look through my own festival photos... Which was both a mistake and a delight. This one is my trusty cotton kimono, my old brown Docs, a Topshop bodycon dress and a polka-dotted headscarf. I know that kimonos have become a staple for many festival goers but for me they are perfect as I hate the sun, but love having something to swish round in.
 Oh the days when I felt that everything could be solved by a pair of thigh high striped socks... I wore these with a mint green playsuit. I believe I looked a little ridiculous. I also don't recommend playsuits because it means going to the loo takes an age... 
We had an end of year korfball dinner that was wonderful but emotional. This is what my academic daughter Stef wore. She gave us the choice of high street or 1970s vintage; you can probably guess which one we picked... Apparently this was her grandmother's, and she looked wonderful.


I hope you all had a great week. I'm off home this week for the first time since January. I'm excited.

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x