Tuesday, 3 June 2014

CFDA

Despite my best intentions to post I've struggled to find the motivation to sit down and draw but this morning the photos from last night's CFDA awards appeared and I had to get a few sketches down.

 Blake Lively in Michael Kors- She looked every inch the 1960s siren in this gorgeous minidress and satin headband.
 Coco Rocha in Christian Siriano- This looks a little like an illustration of the Ascot scene in my Fair Lady. Something about the ensemble didn't quite make sense to me, it may have seen the deconstructed hat that clashed with the graphic flow of the skirt.
 Emmy Rossum in J Mendal- I loved the fit and colour of this dress. The cut-outs, the contrasting black and chartreuse, the asymmetric hem; there was a lot going on but it came together well.
 Lupita Nyong'o in Suno- Most websites seem to have this look on their Worst Dressed. However I like that she chose a cropped top and trouser combination instead of the slightly tacky gowns worn by other attendees (sorry Heidi Klum...) I also love the colour scheme and stripes, especially because she teamed it with vibrant blue eye shadow and glasses.
 Marion Cotillard in Dior- Despite several actresses being criticised for unflattering wardrobe choices, no mention was made of the winged attachments on Cotillard's Dior dress. They sit slightly too low on the chest to flatter the bust, yet sit too high to flatter the waist. However I love her and she is one of the few actresses who manages to wear quirky outfits without looking overpowered by the garment.
Rihanna in Adam Selman- Rihanna rocked up to receive her Fashion Icon Award in a crystal encrusted turban, white fur stole and very sheer dress. I find it odd that there was a surprising lack of backlash over this, but at the same time I'm glad. That said, I'm sure if Miley Cyrus turned up in this the media wouldn't have had the same reaction...

I'm spending today enjoying my final month in St Andrews and attempting to sell some hand-painted cards. I have the time to take commissions, so if you're interested either email me at missmillicentmae@gmail.com or comment below...

Have a great day!

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x