Wednesday, 11 June 2014

SUMMER.

Summer has finally come to St Andrews. That said, it is beautiful and baking until two when it suddenly decides to piss down with rain till the evening. As I've no doubt mentioned in previous summer posts I struggle in the heat and this transfers to my fashion choices. Below are a few of my current favourite items.


 I bought both the shirt and the bag on a rushed town trip dodging the rain. I'm loving linen items as they let me 'breathe' and in charity shops they are usually incredible cheap in comparison to their retail prices. The leather backpack was bought on a whim after seeing several vloggers on YouTube picking them up at thrift shops. Little bit in love. Going to pair them with my burnt orange corduroy shorts and Docs.

This H&M dress has been a staple in my summer wardrobe for a few years. A thin cotton, it covers my bra which is rare in high street pieces and sits just above the knee. It's super flattering and I love pairing it with my fringed cowboy boots. I'm also loving Milkmaid braids this summer as they stop the humidity getting to my hair.

 I love pairing these thick cotton All Saints cropped high-waisted trousers with cropped t-shirts for a more masculine summer look. I like to give a feminine twist with a silk scarf in the hair. My current favourite is a small Liberty print I picked up when I was home.

 In an attempt to cool down I like to get my legs out whilst covering up with a large shirt on top. Over the years I have acquired several of my father's Thomas Pink shirts with ripped collars or tattered cuffs. I love wearing them with a slicked back bun and a neck-scarf. Docs toughen up a relatively sleek look.
This look is a combination of a raspberry Hobbs linen cropped shirt that I wish I had bought and a pair of high-waisted satin shorts from French Connection that I picked up from TKMaxx. Unlike most high-waisted shorts these actually reach my waist and have wonderful frills on the pockets. I would wear this with my Topshop wedge shoe-boots. 

The following images are people I saw on my trip back up to Scotland a while back...
 This elderly woman's entire outfit was in shades of green. She looked adorable, but my sketch turned out more akin to a Peter Doig painting... As someone who would ideally only wear blue and camel I loved her dedication to a colour.

Similarly I loved this all black outfit. This girl looked like a band groupie with her perfectly worn leather jacket, Jack Daniels t-shirt and skinny jeans. The matching black leather holdall just bought the whole look together.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I struggling to pack four years worth of hoarding into boxes...

MMM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x