Sunday, 1 March 2015

OSCARS2015

I promised I would do a post on the Oscars, and I've finally got round to it. My picture quality is pretty shoddy at the moment as I don't have access to a scanner, I'm rarely in my house during daylight hours and my shitty Nokia doesn't have a flash.

I chose my favourites as the vast majority of the dresses were so uninspiring that there really seemed no point wasting paper on them.

Cate Blanchett in Maison Margiela.
As Cate Blanchett won the Best Actress award last year she presented the Best Actor this year. She is the epitome of elegance in my eyes, an absolute ageless beauty. This sketch really does not get across just how black this dress is, which stands in stark contrast to her brilliant turquoise necklace and pale skin. 


Scarlett Johansson in Versace
Scarlett got a lot of stick for this outfit as the addition of the necklace was deemed too much considering the neckline of the dress. I personally think that the turquoise jewellery elevated the entire outfit. Equally the triangle accents of the dress are a beautiful addition. 

 Emma Stone in Elie Saab
I love this dress. The chartreuse colour is so intriguing and the fit was perfect. It's the ultimate high-end granny chic with all-over lace and a high neck, But the backless style and sheer sleeves made it very modern Hollywood.

 Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen
As some of you may know Hannah Bagshawe is married to the delectable Eddie Redmayne who won the Best Actor award. This dress is gorgeous and, in my eyes, is classic McQueen. Though looking initially understated, the bodice is heavily pleated and the 'pouches' on her hips were like feathered saddle bags. I thought she looked wonderful, and was definitely one of the best dressed there.

 Marion Cotillard in Dior
Marion Cotillard always looks unfailingly French. I feel this style just wouldn't work on most people, but she is so darn chic. The simple black strip just made the entire dress.

Rosamund Pike in Givenchy
Like Cate Blanchett, Rosamund Pike is one of those eternally elegant women. The neckline of this dress is stunning and I love that she kept the jewellery simple enough to let the details on the dress really shine through.


I hope you've all had a good weekend. The rugby was disappointing, but the weather was gorgeous. Hope you all have a great week ahead. I'm just looking forward to going home on Friday.


MMM
x

2 comments:

I love to hear what you think, and any ideas that you have. Please also leave blog details as I'd love to get back to you! Thanks! Your comments mean a lot to me:)
MMM
x